Principles of Design/Build
Great design is not an accident – it happens through a thoughtful process, and that process starts with YOU. You are the key ingredient.
Several logical steps make both the process and the home fun. We:
- Listen: We hear your needs, your wants, and your wishes. We listen to your budget.
- Look: We study the land, reviewing the home site for its unique features, such as views, beautiful trees, driveway access and the path of the sun.
- Draw: We create preliminary sketches based on your desires. You critique the sketches to make certain that the initial design ‘fits.’ Together we make adjustments.
- Design: We offer a final design package that includes CAD plans of your new home, a site plan depicting how the home sits on your land, detailed construction specifications, and a fixed price for construction.
- Build: We break ground and the process becomes real. The excitement is building…….
- Create: Happy customers enjoy their new home.
Build in a Neighborhood
Are you interested in living in a neighborhood? Are you looking for a unique, custom home to fit your specific needs and wishes? Sterling has built many custom homes in neighborhoods, with design/build being common for single family homes. Sterling caters to your needs and builds at a wide range of price points. Currently, Sterling is building in Nature’s Way and South Village.
Below you can see a slideshow of pictures of South Village 58. South Village 58 was a custom build completed in 2012 and located in the South Village neighborhood.
Build on Your Site
Do you have a site in Chittenden County that you are looking to build a home on? Sterling has been building “on your site” custom homes for over 40 years. Sterling prides itself on working with you to create a truly unique home to fit your needs, wants and wishes on your site.
Below you can see a slideshow of pictures of the Miller Residence. The Miller Residence was a custom build completed in 2014 located in Shelburne, VT.