Design / Build
Build the Home You Love. Transform the Life You Live.
A better location. More space. A fresh start. Whatever your reasons, a new home helps you create the lifestyle you dream of. Become a part of the best experience you’ll ever have building a home.
Stage 1: Meet »
Stage 1: Meet
Duration: 2-4 Weeks
Your first step is simple. It begins by talking to experts who can help you turn your ideas into reality. During your initial meetings with Sterling Homes, you’ll share your ideas and dreams with us as we guide you through productive conversations in the following areas:
- Your Lot
- Your Plans
- Your Budget
Stage 2: Design »
Stage 2: Design
Duration: 4-6 weeks
A design/build project involves designing your home from your ideas and dreams to maximize how it sits on the land. Often, modifying one of the hundreds of different plans we have built can create the home that is just right for YOU.
- Get a ballpark price for your home
- Sign a Design/Build Agreement
- View floor plans, site plan, sketches, and specifications
- Plan, price and spec – see the big picture!
- Sign the Construction Contract
- Select your home’s finishes with expert guidance
Stage 3: Build »
Stage 3: Build
Duration: 18-22 Weeks
You have made your selections for your new home, and you have cast your vision. Great work! Now it's time to sit back, relax and watch your home become a 3D reality.
- Break ground--your home starts for real!
- Watch the progress through photos in your online Client Access Portal
- Enjoy your first planned, guided tour during your Pre-Sheetrock Orientation
- See everything come together and learn the ins and outs of your home during your New Home Orientation
Stage 4: Love »
Stage 4: Love
You’ve watched and waited excitedly while your home has been built — and now the time is finally here! Savor the feeling of move-in day as you let it sink in that this is really your home. The lifestyle you’ve been dreaming of is finally a reality, whether it’s the creation of additional living space, a brand new master suite, or the lower maintenance and higher energy efficiency you’ve always wanted.
- Attend your turnkey home closing.
- Get the keys.
- Live happily ever after! Your builder relationship and home warranty provide peace of mind.
Will my home be ready in a reasonable timeline? Can I afford this? Concerns like these are significantly lightened with the Love Your Home Plan. The Design Build process is our favorite way to deliver the best experience YOU will ever have building a new home. It doesn’t have to be expensive. It should be fun. A lot of fun!
Download the complete
Love Your Home Plan
to see what goes into making your dream home a reality.Download Now »